Rapid Field Preparation for Plant DNA Isolation
Responding to the growing demand for transportation of samples from fields to labs for molecular testing, OPS Diagnostics has devised the following protocol. The protocol requires a small homogenizer to bead beat the samples in a buffer, preserving the integrity of the DNA until samples can be processed in a lab.
- Place samples in a 2 ml Pre-filled disruption tube with grinding media.
- Add 500 µl of Plant Homogenization buffer, close the cap tightly.
- Homogenize for 2 minutes on the highest speed.
- The tubes can now be transported at ambient temperature upto 5 days.
- When ready to process, transfer the contents of the tube to a Synergy™ Homogenization tube.
- Homogenize for 1 minute on the highest speed.
- Follow the Synergy™ protocol prescribed.