OPS Diagnostics Contract Services
In addition to the complimentary technical support we provide to our customers, OPS Diagnostics also offers contract services in microbial freeze drying and customizable products and platforms.
Freeze drying microorganisms is an art that requires specialized instrumentation. OPS Diagnostics has the experience and facilities to help preserve your non-pathogenic microbial strains and cultures.
Our service includes:
- Culturing the microorganism on solid or liquid media
- Suspending the culture in our proprietary Microbial Freeze Drying Buffer or your customized buffer
- Preparing glass vials of culture (500 µl culture in a 2 ml vial)
- Freeze drying and stoppering under vacuum
- Performing pre- and post-freeze drying viability testing
OPS Diagnostics can modify existing products or create new product formats to meet your needs. For instance, disruption tubes (lysing tubes) or deep well plates can be filled to custom specifications. Vial set formats can also be modified to meet demand. Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can customize a product for you.